Wedding Ring Engraving Ideas and Tips
Engraving is the ultimate way to personalize your wedding ring.
The custom of inscribing romantic poetry onto wedding rings began in the courts of medieval Europe. Today, engraving a message on the inside of the shank—even around the perimeter of the stone!—is one of the easiest ways to personalize an engagement ring or your wedding bands.
How to Do It
Make the request to get your ring engraved by your jeweler when you order the ring.
If the jeweler can’t do it, he should be able to refer you to an engraver. Be sure to double-check the spelling of the requested inscription before you pass it on to the engraver, and check it again when you receive it.
When to Do It
Engraving can be done as quickly as while you wait, or it can take up to one month. Ask your jeweler how long yours will take and plan ahead.
Words of Engravement
Popular and sentimental wedding ring engraving ideas:
- I love you
- Our love is eternal
- To my soul mate
- C.R. to D.L. July 10
- C&D forever (use your first initials)
- I thee wed
- All my love
- I marry you
- You have my heart
- My heart is in your hands
- Never to part
- To my wife/husband
- Soul mates forever
- I’m always with you
- To have and to hold
- Your private nicknames for each other
- Here is my heart; guard it well!
- No one but you
- God for me provided thee
- God unite both in love
- Joie sans fin (Joy without end — French)
- Je t’aime (I love you — French)
- Mon amour (My love — French)
- Il mio cuore e il tuo per sempre (My heart is yours forever — Italian)
- Amore mio (My love — Italian)
- Mizpah (May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another — Hebrew, Genesis 31:49)
- Semper fidelis (Always faithful — Latin)
- Pari passu (With equal step — Latin)
- Amor vincit omnia (Love conquers all — Latin)
- Deus nos iunxit (God joined us — Latin)
- 百年好合 (Happily ever after — Chinese)
- 花好月圆 (Blissful harmony — Chinese)
Make your wedding rings stand out!
A Time For Love, A Time To Celebrate Love with Sophia Jewellery